Cavanaugh Tocci is seeking a highly motivated acoustical engineer to join our team. We are a prominent consulting firm in the field of acoustics, noise control, audiovisual and theatrical systems design. Located in a suburb of Boston, our firm is well known in the architectural and engineering community with a 44‑year history of providing excellent service and elegant engineering solutions. We have worked on many award-winning projects at large corporations, prominent universities and other institutions.
Job Title: Senior Acoustical Consultant
- Use your consulting expertise, engineering knowledge, and problem-solving skills to design and engineer acoustical solutions for our valued clients.
- Attend client meetings with engineers, architects, and owners.
- Prepare reports to present your analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborate with project team members as you conduct measurements and analysis.
- Consult with architects to develop recommendations for sound isolation and room acoustics.
- Provide technical expertise in the analysis and measurement of building MEP systems and environmental noise.
- Model and process complex data using Microsoft Excel, Mathcad, EASE, Cadna/A, and HVAC noise prediction software.
- Make presentations to the public and local government agencies.
- Participate in professional society activities and conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Acoustics, Engineering, or Physics is required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in acoustical consulting.
- Strong capabilities with sound, vibration, and signal analysis instrumentation.
- Experience reading architectural drawings and site plans.
- Experience interpreting noise regulations, building codes, and relevant test standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to conduct field work at remote sites, which can require air travel, climbing ladders, and lifting measurement equipment that can weigh as much as 50 lbs.
Cavanaugh Tocci offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. We strongly support professional development and our staff is very active in professional societies. Thanks to our expertise, well established client base, and location near a major city, we get to work on many interesting and challenging projects.
Qualified candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cavanaugh Tocci is an Equal Opportunity Employer.